Insurance Policies and Fee Schedule
Consultation - includes practice member history.
Assessment (new or established practice member) - includes one or more of the following: thermography, surface electromyography, range of motion, motion and/or static palpation, leg check
Chiropractic Adjustment- The actual re-alignment of the vertebra done by hand or instrument. Often a sound will be heard, but if there is no auditory result, it does not mean that the adjustment has not taken place.
X-rays- Specific x-ray views taken of your spine to determine a misalignment/subluxation of your vertebrae. These can also be used to indicate progress after period of care.
Release of Authorization/Assignment of Benefits
I authorize and request payment of insurance benefits directly to Thrive Chiropractic. I agree that this authorization will cover all services rendered until I revoke the authorization. I agree that a photocopy of this form may be used in place of the original. All professional services rendered are charged to the patient. It is customary to pay for services when rendered unless other arrangements have been made in advance. I understand that I am financially responsible for charges not covered by this assignment.
Terms of Acceptance
In order to provide for the most effective healing environment, most effective application of chiropractic procedures, and the strongest possible doctor-patient relationship, it is our wish to provide each patient with a set of parameters and declarations that will facilitate the goal of optimum health through chiropractic. To that end, we ask that you acknowledge the following point regarding chiropractic care and the services that are offered through this clinic:
1. Chiropractic is a very specific science, authorized by law to address spinal health concerns and needs. Chiropractic is a separate and distinct science, art and practice. It is not the practice of medicine.
2. Chiropractic seeks to maximize the inherent healing power of the human body by restoring normal nerve functions through the adjustment of spinal subluxation(s). Subluxations are deviations from normal spinal structures and configurations that interfere with normal nerve processes.
3. The chiropractic adjustment process, as defined in the law of this jurisdiction, involves the application of a specific directional thrust to a region or regions of the spine with the specific intent of re-positioning misaligned spinal segments. This is a safe, effective procedure applied over one million times each day doctors of chiropractic in the United States alone.
4. A thorough chiropractic examination and evaluation is part of the standard chiropractic procedure. The goal of this process is to identify any spinal health problems and chiropractic needs. If during this process, any condition or question outside the scope of chiropractic is identified, you will receive a prompt referral to an appropriate provider or specialist, according to the initial indications of the need.
5. Chiropractic does not seek to replace or compete with your medical, dental or other type(s) of health professionals. They retain responsibility for care and management of medical conditions. We do not offer advice regarding treatment prescribed by others.
6. Your compliance with care plans, home, and self-care, etc., is essential to maximum healing and optimal health through chiropractic.
7. We invite you to speak frankly to the doctor on any matter related to your care at this facility, its nature, duration, or cost, in what we work to maintain as a supporting, open environment. By my signature below, I have read and fully understand the above statements.
All questions regarding the doctor’s objectives pertaining to my care in this office have been answered to my satisfaction. I therefore accept chiropractic care on this basis.
Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgement
I understand that I have certain rights of privacy regarding my protected health information, under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). I understand that this information can and will be used to:
1. Conduct, plan and direct my treatment and follow-up among the multiple healthcare providers who may be involved in that treatment directly and indirectly.
2. Obtain payment from third-party payers.
3. Conduct normal healthcare operations, such as quality assessments and physician’s certifications.
I acknowledge that I may request your NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES containing a more complete description of the uses and disclosures of my health information. I also understand that I may request, in writing, that you restrict how my private information is used to disclose to carry out treatment, payment, or healthcare operation. I also understand you are not required to agree to my requested restrictions, but if you agree, then you are bound to abide by such restrictions.
INFORMED CONSENT FOR CHIROPRACTIC CARE
CHIROPRACTIC CARE, LIKE ALL FORMS OF HEALTH CARE WHILE OFFERING CONSIDERABLE BENEFITS MAY ALSO PROVIDE SOME LEVEL OF RISK. THIS LEVEL OF RISK IS MOST OFTEN VERY MINIMAL, YET IN RARE CASES, INJURY HAS BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH CHIROPRACTIC CARE. THE TYPES OF COMPLICATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN REPORTED SECONDARY TO CHIROPRACTIC CARE INCLUDE: SPRAIN/STRAIN INJURIES, IRRITATION OF A DISC CONDITION, AND RARELY, FRACTURES. ONE OF THE RAREST COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH CHIROPRACTIC CARE OCCURRING AT A RATE BETWEEN ONE INSTANCE PER ONE MILLION TO ONE PER TWO MILLION CERVICAL SPINE (NECK) ADJUSTMENTS MAY BE A VERTEBRAL INJURY THAT COULD LEAD TO A STROKE. PRIOR TO RECEIVING CHIROPRACTIC CARE IN THIS CHIROPRACTIC OFFICE, A HEALTH HISTORY AND PHYSICAL EXAMINATION WILL BE COMPLETED. THESE PROCEDURES ARE PERFORMED TO ASSESS YOUR SPECIFIC CONDITIONS, YOUR OVERALL HEALTH AND IN PARTICULAR YOUR SPINAL HEALTH. THESE PROCEDURES WILL ASSIST US IN DETERMINING IF CHIROPRACTIC CARE IS NEEDED, OR IF ANY FURTHER EXAMINATIONS OR STUDIES ARE NEEDED. IN ADDITION, THEY WILL HELP US DETERMINE IF THERE IS ANY REASON TO MODIFY YOUR CARE OR PROVIDE YOU WITH A REFERRAL TO ANOTHER HEALTH CARE PROVIDER. ALL RELEVANT FINDINGS WILL BE REPORTED TO YOU ALONG WITH A CARE PLAN PRIOR TO BEGINNING CARE.
I UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT THERE ARE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH CHIROPRACTIC CARE AND GIVE CONSENT TO THE EXAMINATION THAT THE DOCTOR DEEMS NECESSARY AND THE CHIROPRACTIC CARE, INCLUDING SPINAL ADJUSTMENTS, AS REPORTED FOLLOWING MY ASSESSMENT.